Monday, October 30, 2006

Bibliography: Books

I was not able to take out my library books as my library card expired, however i will be able to collect them by fridays lesson. The books that i found were:

Bradley, Lloyd: Reggae: The Story Of Jamaican Music. London: BBC.

This book will assist me on researching the history of Dancehall music, it will allow me to out more about the Jamaican culture and how it is processed through Dancehall music.

Wilton, Tamsin: Sexual (Dis) Orientation: Gender, Sex, Desire and Self fashioning. Palgrave Macmillan.

This will give me an overlook on homosexuality and allow me to understand the concept of the cultural and sexual, identity known as 'homosexual'.

Archer, John and Lloyd, Barbara: Sex and Gender. Cambridge University Press

This book will allow me to look at the sociological aspects of sex and gender roles. It will also give me an insite into the crisis of masculinity as a reason for homophobia.

Schroder, Kim and Drotner, Kirsten and Kline, Stephen and Murray, Catherine: Researching Audiences. Arnold (Oxford University Press)

To show the effect of texts on audiences and how audiences react to texts. In relation to what audiences do after hearing Dancehall music, if it inspires or influences them.

Connel, R.W.: Gender and Power. Blackwell Publishers

Lancaster, Roger and di Leonardo, Michaela: The Gender and Sexuality Reader. Routledge

Clark, Vivienne and Baker, James and Lewis, Eileen: Key Concepts and Skills for Media Studies. Hodder and Stoughton

This book will help me look at genre, as i am looking at a music genre, Dancehall. I will also look at representation of men, as i am looking at homosexuality in males and i will also look at representation of black people, as they are the main homophobes in the text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home